InstaGram

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

¿Cómo estás?


Short answer? Cocido (cooked).

I started and ended the first leg of my day today in Como, Colorado.  A small high elevation town on US-285 south of Breckenridge, Colorado (over an 11,200ft pass).  Como is also the half way mark of the 3rd loop in the Breckenridge 100  mountain bike race that took place last month. I was slated to do this race but had to log a DNS at the last min.  Given the Park City Point 2 Point is just under 2 weeks away I took the day to get in some high elevation riding.  It seemed like a good time to get a look at loop 3 before next year when I try again on the B100.  I started in Como because it is a closer drive than Breck.  I rode the loop 3 course backwards.

The following pictures pretty much sum up the town of Como.





"First Catholic Church" - I looked around but couldn't find the second one.

Yes this is where the action is.

Given the above.  I decided to drive a good distance from town and park before heading out on the Loop 3 course.

Parking north of Como, Colorado

Breckenridge 100 Loop 3 - Starting from Como, Colorado
Breckenridge 100  Loop 3 Elevation Profile

As always, the riding and trails near Breckenridge were amazing.  I didn't stop to take many photos today but here are a few to noodle on.

Aspens Galore

A big section of the south side singletrack is like riding down a huge ditch.  Smooth and FAST!
Looking south from the pass.  Not sure the name.

Parking spot looking south to Como.  I finished the loop riding back up this section to my car.

My Second leg was on the SS to Kenosha Pass.  I was in the pain cave the whole time so no photos.  I barely made it out alive in fact.  I am still trying to sort out this SS madness.




No comments: