InstaGram

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Painful Bliss

I don't know when I started to enjoy early morning intervals but I do, at least for now. I am back into the groove again making painfully blissful graphs like this one.  I found a sweet spot in my schedule somewhere between sunrise and when the kids start crackalackin for school. This sweet spot is growing now that the days are getting longer.  I think I enjoy these workouts because somewhere in the recesses of my subconsciousness I know they are making me a little faster and a little more relevant in the growing pack of competitive 30-39 racers.  I also like them because time is really at a premium for me this year and no-nonsense training like this can deliver a huge return for the time spent.  They also add contrast for the 1 or 2 times a week I get out to ride trails.

 

1 comment:

Grizzly Adam said...

I did 30s on, 30s off intervals yesterday. Hurt so good.