InstaGram

Friday, May 6, 2011

FamDamlyRegroup

As much as I like to write about training and racing (and I really, really like those things) there is one part of my life that takes up much more time and pays back 100 fold in reward v.s. time spent over any other activity. This one thing is actually made up of five individuals: my wife and four kids. Yes I said four... the number 4... 1, 2, 3, 4 and they are a handfull. The oldest will be 9 in July and the youngest is in her 2nd year. We were thrown for a loop the past few weeks going through a job transition and putting our house on the market.  Both events were conceived independently but seemed to collide on us during the same timeframe.  To get it all taken care of quickly, I put everything that didn't have to do with those two priorities on hold including to a large extent family time.  When the dust finally settled, my brilliant wife came up with a plan to correct the neglect of our offspring in the form of some quality time away from the casa.  The one thing I really love about my kids is how forgiving they can be even when they have every right to hold us accountable for our poorly executed parenting. Weeks of less than enough quality time spent are quickly forgotten after a good day like this one - a lesson to be learned here for we adults eh?


Rockin' the Glenwood Alpine slide with Jaxon


Kade only made it 1/2 way the first attempt convinced that was as high as he could go.  Then I put a $5 on the table the next time.  He made it all the way without looking back.  I guess making his old man proud isn't motivation enough. 

Some people need everything explicitly stated?
Glenwood Springs

"Okay. Squirt here will now give you a rundown of proper exiting technique. Rip it, roll it, and punch it!"


No comments: