InstaGram

Sunday, April 18, 2010

2010: Front Range MTB Series #2 NAAC


Saturday it was off to golden and another STXC season primer at the NAAC in Golden, CO put on by Alec Uitti and Erik Werner of  Race Pace Promotions.  The course for this second race of the series was much shorter than the previous race at Bear Creek measuring in at 1 mile.  Despite the short track there was plenty of pain to go around with many little kickers and tight corners forcing a constant redline effort.  There was even a sweet little log jump mixed in.



I did my best to hang with the rest of the fast kids and ended up pulling off a 7th place.  I felt really good about this considering my only goal was to avoid getting lapped out of the race - a goal I narrowly achieved.



My partner in crime and teammate, Kenny Lanham dropped me right off the line and held on for 4th.  I think it might have had something to do with the words "Superfly".





No comments: