InstaGram

Thursday, June 2, 2011

2011 CU Boulder Short Track #1

Feeling the hurt.
I'm taking a step out of my comfort zone (endurance racing) a little this year and a step into the world of short track (STXC) taking on the CU Cycling Short Track series.  This series is well attended and takes place on Wednesday evenings weather permitting which lines up perfectly with my training, family, work, life schedule.  Given the location of uber cycling-centric Boulder, it also brings top competition and some names in the world of mountain bike racing.  All of that aside, the CU organizers put on a well run event and lay out a really fun course.


Men's B Race from my perspective.


I wasn't exactly fresh for the race having done some tempo intervals before work but honestly I don't know that I would have done much better well rested.

Here is what 90 min of those looked like.



I had 3 good laps in the B race shown above before I blew and coasted to an 11th place finish.

Here is what 25 min of that looked (felt) like.




I can't wait to do it all over again next week.

2 comments:

Lynda Wallenfels said...

Good stuff! You are lucky to have access to a great mid week series! Keep on pushing it :-)

Jeff Higham said...

Thanks LW. It's great to have some of your wisdom on hand this year to help with the training.