InstaGram

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Back In The Saddle - Ride To Work Day


Today marks the first day I've saddled up on a bike since The Bailey Hundo 100 mile race last Saturday.     It seemed to be a good time to start up the training again for the Breckenridge 100 next month.  Another good reason to get back on the bike is because it was Bike to Work Day here in the  Front Range.  I usually ride in a few times a week so this is no big change to my routine, just a nudge to get rolling again.

As usual, in addition to my regular cycling attire I was hauling a 14 pound backpack with a small laptop, lunch, and work clothes to change into.  It's not exactly fun to haul this extra stuff on a bike but I took advantage of the extra weight to test out the legs on a few hills during my 10 mile ride in.  Surprisingly things felt good considering the punishment my body took less than 4 days ago.  I plan to hit the trails tomorrow afternoon for 2-3 hours and start in earnest to train for success next month (finishing the Breck 100 is considered success in my book).

Oh, and one more thing... When you ride to work it is important to plan for a change of shoes.  I had to roll like this all day.



No comments: