InstaGram

Friday, October 21, 2011

Leaving


I have just given up my residency in Colorado for the second time in the past 11 years.  Last time the move was for a career-starting job in California.  It was a hard move for many reasons but the biggest one was simply that I (we) love living here.  Now years after my first farewell, I am again moving on for career advancement.  It is hard to drive westbound past that familiar sign on I-70 for  the last time with no certainty of return.  Over the years I've driven by countless times with little fanfare always knowing that I will soon be passing the east-bound sign welcoming me back to Colorado, back home.  Colorado has a way of placing a hold on it's residents that is hard... make that painful to break.  The state is rich in everything that makes life worth living and has given me experiences that will last forever.

Lloyd was in fact mistaken... John Denver knew exactly what he was talking about.

Stay tuned for my new adventures of riding fun as I mingle with the Saints one state to the west.



2 comments:

Eric said...

Jeff - I lived in CO as well. SLC is like it, but the Mtns are closer. Plus you have 40 miles of primo single track out your back door at Suncrest. You'll miss the Colorado skies, but man I'll tell you - Utah is awesome.

Welcome.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Colorado is rich, in everything except jobs.